Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Christie Antique & Vintage Show?
The show takes place twice annually and is the Saturday following Victoria Day in May and the Saturday following Labour Day in September.
The next Spring show is on Saturday May 27, 2017 from 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m., rain or shine.
The next Fall show is on Saturday September 9, 2017 from 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m., rain or shine.
What is the admission cost and where can I purchase tickets?
Admission is $10 per person and children 12 and under are free. Parking is free.
Admission can be purchased online in advance or at the show. A wristband policy is in effect and all patrons MUST be wearing a wristband to enter the show.
Is there a fee for parking? Are the lots far from the show field?
Parking is free. The park’s numerous parking lots can accommodate more than 3,000 cars.
There are free shuttle buses that travel from parking lots to show field continuously all day. Look for shuttle bus stops in the major parking lots and at the central gate and west show entrance.
Are there ATM’s and cash machines on the show field?
There are a number of ATM’s on the field located beside the Show Office and in the Food Court. Lines can get long, so bringing cash is always a good idea.
Are pets allowed on the show field?
No, pets and animals are not permitted on the show field regardless of size or type.
Is there a lost and found?
All recovered lost items are kept in the Show Office all day, located beside the main show entrance. After the show, please contact Christie Lake at 905-628-3060 for lost items.
Are there washroom facilities available?
Large, full-service, running water washrooms can be found at the pavilion. Portable toilets are located at other locations around the perimeter of the show field.
How do I get to Christie Lake? What is the address for my GPS?
The Address for Christie Lake is 1000 HWY 5 West, Dundas, ON. Please click here for a map of the area: http://goo.gl/maps/1RNvH
Will you do deliveries to my home or store?
We do not have a service to deliver to your home or store, however we do have a pick-up service located near the Show Office that will retrieve your item from the vendor’s booth and then load it into your vehicle at the Pick-Up Area parking lot when you are ready to leave.
We also have Carter’s Truck Rentals on site providing trucks and cube vans that can be rented in time increments for you to make your own deliveries.
What sort of food and beverages are available?
Tempting choices from a wide range of ‘outdoor-style’ food vendors will be available. The show field is licensed for the sale of beer and wine. Patrons can buy refreshments and support a local service club at the new refreshment tent located near the food court. Since the entire show field is licensed, you may take your drinks with you while you shop.
What kind of antiques, vintage and collectibles can I find at the Christie Antique & Vintage Show?
You’ll find a wide variety of antiques, vintage and collectibles, anything you’re looking for. It amounts to almost 10 acres of antiques, and covers virtually every collecting category, including:
- Antique dental and crown moldings, doors, windows, hardware, windows, fireplace surrounds and decorative door knockers are just some of the popular architectural items
- Jewellery – Georgian, Victorian, Art Nouveau and Art Deco broaches, necklaces, earrings, rings, pill boxes, cuff links and watches
- Vintage clothing -from coats and jackets to dresses, tops, bottoms, shoes and accessories like hats and purses
- Folk art – one-of-a-kind pieces brought to you by specialists
- Native artifacts – Indian baskets, bead work, Inuit carvings and more
- Canadian country – expect Canada’s top country dealers on site
- Nostalgia – country store collectibles, bottles, crocks, early advertising, paper, toys, holiday collectibles from several top dealers
- Furniture - Victorian, Canadiana, mid century modern and everything in between. Refinished, painted and original pieces.
- Décor for every room in your home or cottage. Our top dealers have beds, buffets, desks, tables, chairs, stools and more from the Victorian, Art Nouveau and Art Deco eras
Does the Christie Antique & Vintage Show do appraisals?
No, the Christie Antique & VintageShow is a venue for specialized antique dealers to showcase their wares; we do not provide appraisals out of our show office. We encourage you to browse our Dealer Showcase page to locate a dealer interested in appraising your item.